Follow BritHereNow on Twitter

Recent Posts

The Bertrand Russell Show

Feminist Philosophers

fragments of consciousness

Gender, Race and Philosophy: The Blog

Knowability

Leiter Reports: A Philosophy Blog

Long Words Bother Me

semantics etc. highlights

Thoughts Arguments and Rants

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two New Danish Blogs

... new to me anyway. One is Anders Schoubye's Legenden.dk -- a blog which has actually been around since 2002 (long before I started mine). Anders was just accepted as a graduate student at UCLA and is interested in definite descriptions, presupposition-failure and other exciting topics. The other is Klemens Kappel's Klemens Kappel's Blog (very fitting name!). Klemens is an associate professor at University of Copenhagen. Unfortunately (for you English-speaking (only) readers), the language of Klemens' blog is Danish. So, you (English-speaking readers) will have to wait for my occasional reports. Anyway, in spite of the fact that both of these topnotch philosophers are Danish, I have never had a beer with them in Copenhagen (likely explanation: it's 11 years -- yes, 11 years -- since I left the country). Actually, I never met Anders (but I am looking forward to meeting him at the Aberdeen epistemology conference in May, which he has promised to show up for!). I know Klemens from conferences, and he is definitely one of my favorite epistemologists. Hopefully, I will bump into him again soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brit,

Thanks for mentioning my blog. I will do my best to attend the conference in May ;).

Btw. we did meet, only very briefly. I attended the conference in Copenhagen this fall, where Joe gave his talk on Knowability Noir and you gave a talk on a perspectival semantics for 'know'. Clearly, I should try harder to stand out from the crowd ;).

Brit Brogaard said...

Or maybe I should brush up on my memory skills :-)